IT Business Analyst - Engineering Solutions
The ASMPT team is looking to immediately fill the following position:
Join us where we’re enabling the digital world to realise the incredible potential, and we’ll support you to realise yours too.
Our technology powers EVERYTHING with a digital component: we produce innovative equipment that enables the world’s biggest names in electronics to bring their technology to market. We also enjoy a forward-thinking environment where continuous investment powers opportunities to work on exciting new projects on a global scale.
And while we have offices – and career opportunities - around the world, the real magic happens at our R&D HQ in Weymouth, where our people are quietly but confidently working to enable and evolve digitisation on a global scale.
They enjoy challenge and opportunity in equal measure, sharpen their skills and knowledge, be exposed to multiple disciplines, and experiment at the cutting edge. And they get to do it all where we put people first, are collaborative and friendly, and everyone enjoys living and working in a location that offers the best of city, country, and coast.
We think you’ll like it too.
As the range of projects that we work on grow, so does our team! We're currently looking to hire an IT Business Analyst in our IT Business Solutions – Engineering Solutions department.
Reporting to the Senior Manager within IT Engineering Solutions, this role will allow you to you will contribute to our global PLM system by developing and implementing transformative and innovative solutions. Manage and support our IT Engineering systems and users.
In addition, gathering requirements from the business, developing solutions, and integrating them into our systems with our multicultural global team are all essential parts of the role. This also includes supporting ticket resolution and creating technical and training documents for the implementation of changes.
- Define technical solution designs in terms of systems and processes.
- Perform process assessments to understand technical and business challenges, while discovering system opportunities.
- Provide second and third-line support of applications to end users of IT Engineering Systems.
- Produce and maintain documentation for existing and new systems, including software and change management, e.g., user lists, configuration changes and training to ensure all documentation remains current
- Regular reporting on project progress to the Steering Committee together with Program Manager, Project Manager, and Technical Lead
- Support external partners qualification process in agreement with the overall development team
- Support Upgrading of software.
We want to hear from individuals who are:
- Qualified to HND or equivalent level in IT discipline, or have sufficient experience of Windows and PC Hardware support to include networking
- Experienced in using Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Systems, 2D and 3D CAD Systems; specifically, Teamcenter, NX, EPLAN.
- Confident in collaborating with external partners who are supporting and developing IT system at ASMPT, e.g., Teamcenter.
- Capable of assuming accountability for the engineering applications used by ASMPT SMT and ensure high systems availability on a global level.
- Able to adopt other responsibilities in line with requirements placed upon IT Engineering Solutions as and when appropriate.
- Able to work under own initiative with limited guidance being required in own area of knowledge.
- Able to apply knowledge and skills in a logical way to solve a variety of problems and to work systematically through troubleshooting.
- Understanding of continual improvement of software and systems used to improve efficiency/ROI/reduce cost.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of basic IT Infrastructure principles: Windows Operating Systems, AD.
- Confident in liaising and maintaining a good working relationship with global IT team on all IT related projects.
- Able to self-learn using written or online resources to develop skills in relevant areas.
- Able to organise own time and workload to deliver against tasks set by others.
- Able to communicate effectively face to face and in writing with people at various levels in an organisation.
- Able to practice good ethical values and cultural sensitivity, especially when dealing with colleagues and users in/from other global locations.
- Able to achieve goals/ objectives as an individual and in a team environment.
- Understanding of key internal/ external business issues and best practice in own discipline area.
- Experienced in providing excellent service in a customer facing role.
- Experienced in Database Fundamentals and Web Development Fundamentals (Desirable).
- Able to demonstrate an interest in IT technologies and the end user application of those technologies and maintain continuous familiarisation with IT Engineering Solutions technology trends and products (Desirable).
- Experienced in a Helpdesk or Desktop Support role (Desirable).
We Will Offer You:
- Enhanced Family Leave (equal amounts of pay and leave for both parents)
- Hybrid Working
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support
- Annual Leave starting at 25 days
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Financial Wellbeing Support
- Company Social Events - from twice a year company gathering, a Christmas party for our employee’s children, to walking groups, environmental groups, football, volleyball and sailing.